IGLP Events Calendar
- This event has passed.
Impunity, Justice, and the Human Rights Agenda Conference
February 7, 2013 - February 8, 2013
The IGLP and The Bernard and Audre Rapoport Center for Human Rights and Justice at the University of Texas School of Law were elated with the ninth annual Impunity, Justice, and the Human Rights Agenda Conference that was held on February 7-8, 2013. Karen Engle, IGLP Advisory Board member and co-director of the Rapoport Center played an influential role in the planning this event. The conference included dynamic conversations with human rights advocates, scholars, and policy makers from around the globa to critically analyze the human rights movement on anti-impunity. Speakers included IGLP affiliated faculty Daniel Brinks, Dennis Davis, Vasuki Nesaih, Hani Sayed, and more. Zinaida Miller, an IGLP fellow, and IGLP affiliated scholars, Natalie Davidson and Fabia Vecoso, were also panelists!
Panels and Conversations included:
- Setting the Stage: Two Perspectives on Criminal Law and the Human Rights Agenda
- The Anti-Impunity Professional: A View from Inside
- The Criminal Law Paradigm
- Criminalization and the Politics of Transition
- Transitional Justice Outside the Criminal Law Paradigm